"frying"

Hi everyone -

Since I started McDougall, I've been "frying" or "sauteeing" in water or other
liquid. I've been using one of my iron frying pans - you know those kind where
you treat them with oil and never wash them. So of course that's not true for
this one. But now some flakes of the iron appear to be coming off and I'm
thinking maybe this isn't the best type of pan to use for this kind of
"frying." What do the rest of you use? Thanks.

Zoe
Santa Cruz