Re: Quick dinner ideas

Hi,

Try this potato receipe w/trimmings

LOW-FAT BAKED POTATOES WITH TOPPERS

Large russet baking potatoes (one for each person)
Frozen corn
Frozen peas
Low-fat brown gravy mix (in packets)
Canned sliced mushrooms (or sliced fresh mushrooms)

Scrub potatoes,  poke several places with a fork, and microwave until done
(rotate potatoes during microwaving)
Cook frozen peas and corn according to directions (stove-top or microwave)
Make gravy according to directions, adding sliced mushrooms
Open potato on plate, place vegetables on top, place mushroom gravy all
across top.  Add salt and pepper, as desired.

Comment:  Very good with home-made bread and bowls of mixed fresh fruit.

Don and Jan Stowe
Winchell Neighborhood

Regards,
Don

>Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 01:49:39 -0500 (EST)
>From: ASconyers@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Quick dinner ideas
>
>Hi all,
>
>Anyone interested in starting a thread on quick dinner ideas,
>now that the holiday shopping/decorating/feasting season is
>upon us? My plan to to eat dinner *before* doing the shopping
>thing this year, but that means I need to replenish my quick
>dinner (and quick cleanup) ideas.

Donald E. Stowe (Don)
Retired H.S. Chemistry Teacher