Re: Leftover mashed potatoes

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997 adritter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas on serving leftover mashed potatoes other than just
> reheating them?

The last time I had leftover mashed potatoes I made a shepherd's pie.
The filling was a mixture of lentils cooked with tomatoes, and vegetables,
but pretty much anything will do (my mother made it with ground leftover
roast meat, chopped pickles, and catsup, and practically any well-
seasoned bean and vegetable mixture would be better than that!).

Put the filling in shallow casserole dish, spread the mashed potatoes
on top, and bake until everything is hot and the potatoes are a little
bit browned.

Jane Colman