Buckwheat flour & pancake

To the person who asked for buckwheat flour recipes.

Here is one from The Tassajara Bread Book, recipes by Edward Espe Brown.  I
haven't made these, but all the other recipes I've tried from the book are
very good.

BUCKWHEAT MUFFINS
(Author note: Not what one expects of a muffin, but fulfilling for buckwheat
lovers.)
Makes 12-16 muffins

2 cups buckwheat flour
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups water
A sprinkle of brown sesame seeds (roasted)   you can omit these, probably not
appropriate for this list

Mix dry ingredients (except sesame seeds).  Add water gradually, mixing
thoroughly to make smooth batter.  Ladle into oiled (however you prepare pans)
muffin tins--1/2 full.  Sprinkle on seasame seeds.
Bake 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees.  Muffins are crispy outside, soft inside.

As I was looking up this recipe I found another one that looks interesting, I
want to try it.  Thought I'd share it with all of you.

O-KONOMI-YAKI   (From same cookbook)
Japanese pancakes made with vegetables can be served as midnight meal with
warm results.  Americans put butter on everything; Japanese prefer soy sauce,
but syrup no. (Authors comment)

For about 5 people

1/2 cabbage:  Chinese, green or red
1 large carrot
1/2 onion:  yellow or purple
3 celery stalks
(here recipe says you can put in 1/2 c meat or fish, which those on this list
will omit)
2 c (or more) flour:  whole wheat and unbleached white
1 egg beaten (substitute your choice of product)
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tall can evaporated milk (substitute your choice of product)
Enough water to make batter

Chop, shred, dice or thinly slice vegetables.  Mix together remaining
ingredients to form batter.  Fold vegetables into batter and grill. May also
be eaten cold on the beach.

Barbara in Florida where it is cold, rainy and dreary these days.