Newark, Delaware

*****Kennett Square, by chance? (I grew up there, which is why I ask.) If so, I
must say, you couldn't be in a better place. =-) Mushrooms are the big crop
in Kennett (and in surrounding areas), so you can get them almost everywhere
you go. Also, that area is generally pretty friendly, and people are pretty
accomodating. I think you'll find people are willing to "go with the flow."

I agree! I was out that way just before Thanksgiving, and my family ate at a
little bar/restaurant in Kennett Square, very close to Longwood Gardens
(gotta go there!!) that specialized in mushrooms right on the main highway
(sorry, can't remember the name, but you can't miss it)...I was relieved to
find quite a few meat-free entrees...low-fat? well, no, but they were
meatless, and that's my priority, so it worked for me!  Good luck!

Dawn