Yogurt Cheese

Need some suggestions for this product.  I made some in the fridge
however found that the big issue is the taste of the finished product.
It was so sour that I couldn't eat it.  I tried all kinds of seasonings
to change the taste and the overpowering sour taste could not be
masked.  Am I doing something wrong?  Has anybody got any ideas?  By
the way, I do not mean sour as in sour milk, but sour as in lemon, big
time.  I tried sugar and sweetener and it did not help. Thanks for any
tips . . .