Barley Recipes

Will Kossert has noticed (as have I) that barley really fills
you up and you do not get hungry again soon (barley has avery
low glycemic index)  and he requested some barley recipes.

I use it in place of rice often.  Cook in water or with your
favorite broth.  Serve as is or with veggies stirred in.

For breakfast just cook it up and add milk and sweetner.
Chopped apples, cinnamon and nutmeg also good .  Cook up the
night before.  Good hot or cold.

Barley Puddin

1 bag barley (500 grams - 2 cups)
2 liters milk (1/2 gal - 4 Cups)
rasins (375 grams about 1 cup)

Cook in slow cooker until done.  Stir in
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Serve hot or cold for dessert or breakfast.

More barley in next post