Restaurants in St. Louis

I am planning a short vacation to St. Louis soon.  I am familiar with the
area, so I know about the various chain restuarants there, but I was
wondering if anyone knew of any other resturants where we can get good
VLF food, since we have plenty of chain restuarants right here where we live.

Any info you can give would be appreciated...feel free to email privately
if you wish.

Kristin