Figs and supper club

Hello!

I was in our local Harris Teeter and saw the September Martha Stewart
Magazine and noticed it had an article on Figs!  It might be worth a
check out.

Also, taking the cue from Mike R. about finding new friends, I would
like to propose an idea to those in the RDU-CH hill area, would anyone
be interested in starting a supper club? Maybe once a month or so?
Please email me *privately* (feliciakw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) if you are
interested.

Made some AWESOME salsa the other day!  Three jalepenos and four
serranos!  Caliente!
-tomatoes
-tomatoe sauce
-onions
-garlic
-vinegar
-green bell peppers
-CHILIS!
-cilantro
-salt
-oregano
Dice and mix or drop into food processor.  I cant' wait until our state
fair this year to buy a gadget I saw last year...the Salsa Master...does
anyone have one?  Does it really work?  I do not have a full size
Cuisinart, so it could be a really neat thing to have if it works.

I re-discovered my Diana Kennedy Mexican Cookbook, WOW, lots of recipes
that we can eat.  Check it out.

Does anyone know the low down on Tootsie Rolls?  Are they *totally*
taboo?  My SO just loves them.

Thanks.

Felicia
Durham, NC