getting used to it all

We are trying very hard to do a VLF eating plan.  We were both SAD
eaters and no doubt still have that mentality.  Neither one of us likes
zucchini, okra or squash of that ilk.  Yes, we do eat milk and some
meat.  Also, I can't have sugar.  This seems difficult to a.) get used
to, and b.) find recipes that don't include the above mentioned.  Any
ideas or helpful suggestions would be wonderful.  Thanks!
-Jean