I have been experimenting with roasting veggies for some time
become pretty frustrated with the results: not browned enough,
cooked through, takes too long, etc.
I have come up with a solution that works for me.
1. Cut vegetables in sizes that will cook equally, for
carrots and potatoes thinner than onions and cabbage. This
will all cook at the same rate. I used whatever I had on
hand: cut up
acorns squash, skin on, rounds of sweet potato, quartered
halved brussels sprouts, sliced cabbage, sliced broccoli,
2. Place cut veggies in a plastic baggie. Add liquid of your
and spices of your choice. I used wine with crushed garlic,
3. Shake veggies until all are coated and marinate if there
I didn't have time (I was hungry!) so I just went to the next
4. Microwave about 5 minutes to pre-cook hard veggies. Cover
sheet with foil and place in a 450 degree oven. I also
foil very lightly with cooking spray, and then sprayed very
again over tops of veggies.
The pan you roast in is very important. It must either have
sides or be clear, such as pyrex, in order for veggies to
5. Roast for 20 minutes, stir, then roast for another 20