Roasting Vegetables

I have been experimenting with roasting veggies for some time
and have
become pretty frustrated with the results: not browned enough,
cooked through, takes too long, etc.

I have come up with a solution that works for me.

1.  Cut vegetables in sizes that will cook equally, for
example, cut
carrots and potatoes thinner than onions and cabbage.  This
way, they
will all cook at the same rate.  I used whatever I had on
hand:  cut up
acorns squash, skin on, rounds of sweet potato, quartered
halved brussels sprouts, sliced cabbage, sliced broccoli,

2.  Place cut veggies in a plastic baggie.  Add liquid of your
and spices of your choice.  I used wine with crushed garlic,
and onion

3.  Shake veggies until all are coated and marinate if there
is time.
I didn't have time (I was hungry!) so I just went to the next

4.  Microwave about 5 minutes to pre-cook hard veggies.  Cover
a cookie
sheet with foil and place in a 450 degree oven.  I also
sprayed the
foil very lightly with cooking spray, and then sprayed very
again over tops of veggies.

The pan you roast in is very important.  It must either have
very low
sides or be clear, such as pyrex, in order for veggies to
brown well.

5.  Roast for 20 minutes, stir, then roast for another 20