Quick Crustless Quiche

Hi All,

I have been a subscriber of this list for about a month and enjoy the posts
and recipes. I'm a "stay at home Dad", (a rare and nobel breed) and have
been trying hard to change my wife and kid's eating habits. This list has
helped me a great deal with menu planning, creative idea's and
alternatives. I really appreciate the searchable data base, which has
helped me out of a couple of last minute "what's for dinner Dad" jams.

There was a book published a few years ago called "Real Men Don't Eat
Quiche",  I would like to take a second to squash this notion, and add the
fact that men not only eat quiche, but "REAL" men "MAKE" quiche! :)

I made my favorite quick crustless quiche last night, and added a spinach
salad with blood oranges, thin sliced red onion, and the Thai dressing that
was posted a few days ago. There were smiles all around, I LOVED that
dressing!

I'm afraid I don't always measure accurately and I can't offer any
nutritional numbers. I always make it different, depending on what's on
hand or what's fuzziest in the fridge. Hope it fits into your own families
guide lines.

Quick Crustless Quiche {serves 4-6}

1 cup broccoli, or asparagus(or whatever veggies work for you)chopped fine
1/2 cup onion or leeks
1-2 tbsp veggie stock
1/2 cup roma tomatoes, diced
2 whole eggs
6 egg whites
1/2 cup skim milk
3 tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
fresh ground pepper
pinch or two cayenne pepper
1/4 cup FFree parmesan cheese

Spray a 9 inch pie plate with a non stick spray,
Microwave broccoli, onion and stock on high, tossing once or twice, till
al dente, place in pie plate. Whisk remaining ingredients well(except
tomatoes and cheese) and pour over veggies. Sprinkle tomatoes evenly, top
with cheese.

Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes.

This recipe can be changed and rearranged to fit most diets, I haven't
tried it with egg substitutes or soy milk, but I hope it works for you.

The Futile Gourmet
rick@xxxxxxxxxxxx