Re: FATFREE Digest V97 #44

Hi,

<Recently I purchased Streit's veggie kishka for the first time, pleased that
<the ingredients were just matzah meal and dehydrated vegetables.  In my
<haste I didn't notice that to complete the recipe,  water AND 1/2 cup oil
<was also required.  For sweets, the fruit purees/corn syrup etc. has worked
<well, but can anyone suggest an idea for this sort of dish?
<( Kishka is like a narrow veggie sausage.)

Try pureeing cooked veggies (carrot, onion, celery, zucchini) or use raw
veggies blended with enough water to make a simi-liquid consistency.  You might
also add an egg white or two (if you eat them) to hold the stuff together.

Annice