grains - help! :-)

I bought some sweet brown rice (short stout grains) and some red long grain
that appears to have its hull still on - awame? kawam? - I cannot remember what
it was called so I don't hold out hope on advise on how to cook the second one,
but does anyone know how to prepare the sweet rice?  Care to take a guess on
the red stuff?  It's either a rice or a type of wheat, the clerk said they may
be cooked like wheatberries.