Sauces

Since several folks e-mailed me for this, I am putting it back to the list,
even though it's not my recipe. But it is SO-O-O-O good! I've also tacked
on a few more for good luck...

***
Cilentro Dip

1 big bunch of cilantro
2 T. minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
2 T. chopped jalapeno (about 2 jalapenos, seeded if you prefer.  It's
pretty hot stuff)
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. vinegar

Drop all in a blender (stems and all, no need to chop up the cilantro) and
mix away. When it's completely processed (it looks like slime), mix with 16
oz. of fat-free mayonnaise. It tastes better if you make it the night
before, but I've thrown it together in a mad rush 5 minutes before my
guests arrived, and it's still great. It's good serve with veggies, baked
tortilla chips, etc.

***
Cold Creamy Lemon Sauce

1/4 c. plain yogurt
1/4 c. soft tofu, diced
1 t. lemon juice
1 t. lemon zeste
1 T. honey

Puree in a blender and chill before pouring over fruit.

***
Quick Mild Mexican Red Sauce

1 28-oz. tin tomatoes, drained
2 green peppers, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 T. oregano
1 T. basil
1 T. ground corriander
1/2 t. crushed red pepper
1/8 t. pepper
2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/8 t. salt

Heat skillet prepared with non-stick coating. After running ingredients
through a blender, add to the pan and stir for about four minutes.

***
Brazilian Salsa (hot)

1 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 3 limes
2 t. onion, minced
1 t. jalepino, minced
1 t. fresh parsley, chopped
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper

Mix the above in a bowl and let stand for one hour, and serve at room
temperature with grilled meats.

***
Parsley-Tarragon Sauce

1 T. Dijon mustard
1 t. tarragon vinegar
3 T. fresh parsley, chopped
1 t. fresh tarragon (or 1/2 t. dried)
3 T. vegetable broth
1/2 t. lemon juice

Wisk all together and serve with cooked vegetables or salad greens.

***
Raita
1/2 t. cumin seeds, roasted and ground
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated
2 c. yogurt
1/2 t. salt
1/4 ginger, grated
dash of cayenne
mint leaves for garnish

Combine all and chill, then garnish with mint before serving.

Sylvia  8-)  +