Vegetarian Pet Food

 Here is a vegetarian pet food recipe, tho not vegan.  I can't remember where I
found it.  Haven't tried it out on my dogs.  One had severe allergies and a
don't dare introduce anything new into her diet.  The other had bladder
crystals and is on a strict prescription diet....ah well.....

                   *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                       Potatoes Au Canine Or Feline

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Pets

 -------  ------------  --------------------------------
   3      C             Boiled sliced potatoes
   2      Tbsp          Grated vegetables
     1/2  C             Creamed cottage cheese
   1      Tbsp          Nutritional yeast
   2      Tbsp          Grated carrots
     1/4  C             Whole milk
     1/4  C             Grated cheese

Layer in a casserole dish the first 5 ingredients. Then pour the milk ontop of
all; sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 15 minutes at 350F until cheese melts and
slightly browns. Serve cool. As a potato substitute, you can use 3 cups of
cooked oatmeal or 3 cups cooked brown rice.

 Source: Deborah Lawson, Knight News Service, Watertown Daily Times Typed for
you by Linda Fields, Cyberealm BBS Watertown NY 315-786-1120