Pitas for Dinner

Gwynne, we had "your" pita breads for dinner last night.  My husband
pronounced the meal "gourmet" and said we should be serving this at our New
Year's party or something.  I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour, as you
suggested.  Since it was a cold damp day, the flour did not absorb much
liquid; as a consequence, I only ended up using about 2 cups of flour.  No
matter.  The dough had a wonderful feel to it, and even though I forgot
them during the first rising and came back a couple of hours later, they
were perfectly happy.  I made 8 (ever the rebel, that's me! you said 6 or
12) and there are only three left for the freezer.  Thank you, Gwynne!

I will repost the recipe separately, from MasterCook, for those who missed
it the first time around.  (Thanks to Gwynne's instructions, I transfer all
my recipes into MasterCook now!)

I will devote another post to the stuffings we had with the pitas, because
this is going to be too long.

Ruth Hoffman       ruthhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lake Zurich, IL
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes." --Marcel Proust