flaxseed

In regards to flaxseed being high in fat:

Flaxseed is one of the few forms that we can acquire Omega 3- an
essential fatty acid. Our bodies will not manufacturer this- so we must
consume this. People that have a very low fat and vegetarian diet will
see side affects with not getting this essential fat such as very dry
skin, and dry brittle hair and nails. Personally, I noticed my skin being
very dry and then big portions of my hair broke off. Obviously, something
was wrong. So, I did some investigating and found that Omega 3 was the
missing element.

So, even though it is high in fat, it is definitely something *this*
group should be concerned with getting.

You can find flaxseed oil and seeds in healthfood stores. There are even
Omega 3 bars available that are low in fat. I try to eat one every other
day and put a little bit of the flaxseed oil in cooking. I believe Dean
Ornish or McDougall go further into this in their books.

--I can't wait to try out these stuffings that have been posted!
Thanks!

Shelly
ssmith@xxxxxxx