Dana's Honey Baked Lentils

Thank Dana for the wonderful recipe. I cpuldn't wait to try it. Last
night I rushed home in anticipation and horrors- No lentils! So I
made your recipe and substituted roughly half blackeyed beans and
half barley. It was excellent. My husband was most impressed and told
me to write it down in my tried and tested book so I don't lose it. I
have deleted the original post so I will give my adaptation here:

Honey Baked Black-eyed Beans and Barley

1/2 lb black eyed beans
1/2 lb barley
5 cups water
bayleaf

Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.

Mix together:
1 tsp dry or a large dollop of ready made mustard (I used whole
grain)
1/4 tsp groung ginger
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 large onion chopped
1 cup of water

Add to the beans and barley and then add salt to taste. Pour into a
casserole dish.

Pour 1/3 cup of honey over the top. Cover and bake at 180C (360F)
for an hour. Remove the lid for the last ten minutes.

I served it with rice and salad. The aroma coming out of the kitchen
as it baked was heavenly!

Jeanette (enjoying the spring rains in Natal, South Africa)