calories from fat

Sue Ann asked about a substitute for skim milk for pastery/bread/pie
>>recipes. The Dixie Diners Club (http://www.dixieusa.com) has a new powdered
>>tofu powder called Creme It, which we've successfully used for baking. Mix
>>1 1/2 Tbl Spoons in 8 oz of water to make a "milk."  You can make it
>>thinner or thicker if you like. It's also great for drinking, and for
>>shakes and smoothies. Since it's 100% tofu (from soy), it's gluten,
>>lactose, and fat free.

I bought some Creme It on this premise, and am still debating sending it
back. The number of calories is low, but it is not fat free. Something
like 5 of 10 total calories are from fat - which to me is 50%.  I'll
have to double check, but the calories also might be per tablespoon, not
a whole cup or anything.

Shannon McAllister	- 	smcallister@xxxxxxxxxxx

wow, after reading the above calorie  fat sysopsis i had to run to the
cabinet to get my jar of creme it out. as i eat quite a bit of this (mostly
in fruit shakes). i had been losing weight and had not looked at the label
in a while.
whew, relieved, same old label, while not totally fat free (0.5grams per
serving) its still very low (1.8 calories from fat out of 29 calories per
serving) this is only 6% of calories from fat. and its basically made from
soy with all the fiber and other benifits of soy. so i hope i will continue
to lose weight and eat pretty good  at least LF if not FF.