How do you scrub a potato?

Jenka, you go to a large supermarket to their kitchen gadgets section
and look for a -- hmm, what is it called -- a bristle brush.  Long
wooden handle and at the business end, about 1-inch long bristles.
I hold the potato under running water (we have no shortages here), or
else I suppose in a bowl of water, and brush it firmly with this brush.
You can use this brush for carrots too if you prefer not to peel them,
or for any other root vegetable.

I've used my current such brush for at least 15 years.  I keep it next
to the kitchen sink.

      Muriel Kranowski, who hopes she is sending this to the
         right list :-)