Re: Broccoli etc

> I have another question: what do folks do with those large broccoli stems that
> seem inedible? I have been throwing mine away but it really seems like a

I love broccoli stems! They taste good and make it easier to stretch a
budget. Just wash them and take a sharp knife and peel down the tough
sides after trimming off the extra leaves and bumps. You can use a veggie
peeler, but sometimes they're still a little tough that way. After
they're peeled, cut them into matchsticks and steam, stir fry, whatever.
Yum! You can also cut them into disks and add to soup or whatever.

Megen

 "Do or do not - - there is no try." Yoda