Looking for Recipe for Honey Cake

The Jewish New Year is approaching and tradition has it that one eats sweet
things for a sweet new year.  One such long standing tradition is eating (and
making) honey cake.  I would have thought that the consistency of honey would
make it easier to leave out the fat, but it seems that fat serves as a flavor
enhancer and my efforts to adapt recipes by omitting and substituting for o*l
and egg y**ks have fallen short.  The only non dairy fat free honey cake
recipe that I've seen comes from George Mateljan's Baking without Fat (honey
lemon cake) and the taste was not the same.

Does anyone have a good non-dairy recipe for honey cake?

TIA
Annette
ybigfish@xxxxxxx