squash and more squash

I'm a little behind on my reading, but last week Kim asked for some
squash recipes, and
here's a good one.

Zucchini Cheese Casserole
Modified From: The American Heart Association Cookbook

3 medium zucchini squash
1/2 C. chopped onion
2 fresh tomatoes, sliced
2 T. oil
1 pound ff cottage cheese
1 t. basil
1/2 t. oregano
1/3 C. ff parmesan cheese (I use Kraft "Free" grated topping)

Saute zucchini and chopped onion in sauteeing liquid until just tender.
Whip cottage
cheese with basil and oregano in blender.  Place alternating layers of
zucchini, cottage
cheese, and tomato in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.  Top with grated
cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes.

Makes 6 servings, approximately 130 calories per serving.

PK Placko